Thursday, June 12, 2008

The "Holy Grail" of mountaineering.

What is known as the "Holy Grail" of mountaineering is the 7 summits. The 7 summits consist of the tallest mountains in each continent in which are:
- Denali, Alaska (North America)
- Aconcagua, Argentina/Chile (South America)
- Mt Vinson, no country (Antarctica)
- Mt Elbrus, Russia (Europe)
- Kilimanjaro, Tunisia (Africa)
- Kosciuszko, Australia and Carstensz Pyramid, Indonesia (Oceania)
- Mt. Everest, Nepal (Asia)
The 7 summits is the dream of every mountaineer. Although I have only climbed Mt.Kinabalu twice and only reached the summit once, conquering mountains have been really interesting and exciting for me. I'm finishing my studies with a diploma in Business Admin next month and am planning to take 2009 and 2010 off for mountaineering. 
I plan to climb Mt. Everest 2010 to be the youngest South-east-asian and Malaysian at the age of 19. In preparation for Mt.Everest, I will climb Kilimanjaro, Mt Elbrus, Mt Koscuiszko which means that I'll finish conquering 4 mountains out of the 7. After Mt.Everest, I'll climb Denali, Mt.Vinson and Aconcagua and hopefully finish everything by Feb 2011 which will make me the youngest person in the world to complete the 7 summits at the age of 19 and 7 months (current record is exactly 20). 
Detailed plan to be finalized soon. Interested sponsors please contact me at paul.kzk@gmail.com

1 comment:

Jon Stephen said...

have you started on anything yet?